Our Vision, Values and Aims
At Apple Tree Nursery our vision is:
To transform the lives of the children and families we work with, through creating a nursery which feels like home with an extended and supportive family environment.
- to provide a safe, caring, nurturing, welcoming and enabling environment for children to play, learn and develop.
- to enhance children’s learning and development, by watching, listening and providing them with the tools they require to go about their ‘work’; Play is children’s work: it is natural, essential and instinctive. Children learn through play.
- to promote positive attitudes to self and others and encourage and develop a sense of identity.
- to work closely with parents/carers and the community aound us to promote and enhance the nursery vision.
This vision is embodied in our nurseries aims:
Our values guide the way we work.
Together we will:
- respect and look after each other and the world around us.
- create a challenging, engaging, nurturing and responsive environment.
- provide a safe, supportive and inclusive nursery where we value everyone.
- build on strengths, interests and aspirations of all.
- promote equal opportunities, respect diversity and value the special contribution everyone can make.
- actively encourage and promote health and well being.